Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cross Country Flight

Jonathan had to accomplish a few cross country flights, flights that are further than 50 miles, before he went to test for his private pilots license. I had the privilege of getting to tag along for one of them and boy was it a great time!




The scenery was spectacular and it was a really beautiful day to fly!


(this video shows just how strong the winds were towards the end of the flight)


 We stopped for lunch with his instructor at an airport. We had to park the plane and walk inside. The wind was starting to really pick up and it was quite chilly. We ate at a little diner type place inside the airport.




Jonathan uses his charts (really looks like a map, but if he calls it that the instructors are quick to correct) to map his course. These charts have all types of landmarks, even silos, on them to help him from the sky get to his final destination. He did a really great job! His instructor, Dan Swanson, even threw in a diversion to his course and he figured it out well. I am so proud of how well he is doing and all that he is accomplishing :)


The red arrow in this map marks the roof of our house! There is a large hill in the way so the shot isn't that great but as you can see from this picture, our back yard is the state park!

No comments:

Post a Comment

US

My photo
I am a woman of God on a journey. A wife to a wonderful husband. I love baking and cooking and just being crafty. My husband is going through flight school and I am working full time. My hearts desire is to stay at home and make money, have children and just be able to be free from my dreaded job. My mind is so full and cluttered when I go to bed at night that I needed a way to get it all out...