Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO OUR WONDERFUL MOMS! 
To our moms who raised their children well, who poured their lives into us. Who taught and showed the love of Christ to us. Thank you <3
Today is one of the days that I sit here alone pondering Mother's Day. Jonathan had to work because Mother's Day is a mandatory holiday to work at the Spokane Club, so we won't be going to church together...nor having breakfast together...nor calling our moms together. As a family, with no children yet, Mother's Day is a day we honor our mothers. But honoring our mothers seems so very hard from a distance. I wish we could be near to make them a yummy breakfast, give them their card/gift, see them smile and give them hugs and spend a wonderful day with them. But with us here in Spokane WA and them in Baraboo WI and Mechelen Belgium that all is really hard. But even still Happy Mother's Day :)



Yesterday our night plans were cancelled so when I got off of work I headed to the store to see what I could cook up for dinner that would be delicious. For some reason I have this amazing passion for cooking...I would spend hours in the kitchen to make a tasty meal if I had to! So We had the gorgonzola and asparagus at home... I picked up the steak and lobster tail and we had a great meal for under $20. That beats the $100 plus we would spend going out to a restaurant somewhere! So here we have lemon/butter glazed lobster tail, marinated steak, gorgonzola angel hair pasta and asparagus. This meal with prep and baking took about 30 minutes! Yeppers thats right...30 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing looking dinner, girl you rock being in the kitchen. I think it's your calling... Hmmm? Dunno. But someone who loves it as much as you do surely could be in there and do wonders! I know that you do cause I often get to taste them! LOL.

    Oh yeah, and anytime you want to like cook for me and my family feel free. We'll eat it! :)
    e.

    ReplyDelete

US

My photo
I am a woman of God on a journey. A wife to a wonderful husband. I love baking and cooking and just being crafty. My husband is going through flight school and I am working full time. My hearts desire is to stay at home and make money, have children and just be able to be free from my dreaded job. My mind is so full and cluttered when I go to bed at night that I needed a way to get it all out...