Wednesday, July 21, 2010

4th of July

We went to the early service, gasp, yes we did get up early to go to church :) I must say that a little change up in the time you go to church can be refreshing! We met Elizabeth & Alyssa there and headed to Coeur d Alene Idaho. It was windy and a bit overcast, we weren't really sure if it would rain or warm up. We sat on the curb and ate our picnic lunch then headed on down to find us a place in the grass. My experience of 4th of Julys is that the park is packed in the early afternoon because everyone sets their blankets down to ensure a good spot. This was not the case as we were one of the only ones that had our blankets out! It was well worth it though as we had an amazing view!

We hit up some of the cute little shops, spent a lot of time exploring the giant antique store and had dinner at a chinese restaurant off the beaten path.


After our long adventurous day we retired to our blanket and chatted, witnessed an Irish type wedding in the park (right next to us...interesting timing) and ate yummy cheesecake from the Dockside restaurant.







It seemed to take forever for the darkness to fall but when it did the firework show was great!






No comments:

Post a Comment

US

My photo
I am a woman of God on a journey. A wife to a wonderful husband. I love baking and cooking and just being crafty. My husband is going through flight school and I am working full time. My hearts desire is to stay at home and make money, have children and just be able to be free from my dreaded job. My mind is so full and cluttered when I go to bed at night that I needed a way to get it all out...